Sunday, April 26, 2015

Chi Chi Cosmetics Lip Crayons

Chi Chi Cosmetics is a new brand to me. Although I am sure it has been around for a while, I have not purchased anything from them in the past. Why you ask? To be honest I have no idea... Why did you decide to get some products now? Because simply I have heard a few people rave about their products AND they are quite cheap for the quality (even I can afford it and that is saying something :P). This review is based on my opinions of the products that I purchased with my own money. I got a few products in my order that I placed online, but have chosen to focus specifically on the lip crayons in this post as they are the products I have had time to play around with and feel I can give an accurate review on. I cannot really comment on shipping time as I paid $5 for express post (how good is that!!). However, I know that you are eligible for free shipping in Australia if you spend $50, in NZ if you spend $75, and in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, if you spend $100. Also if you do not qualify for free shipping, shipping prices are not too bad. First of all, I love this packaging. I have decided to keep it to put some of my oodles of stationary in :) I am a sucker for cute packaging, and cute names so I fell in love with this pink packaging. I also loved the package the crayons were in but I stupidly threw out the package before I decided to do this review (However, I have a picture of the package from the website down below)
The Lowdown on the products:
The product comes with five pink toned lip crayons. It retails for $20 (I will have a link at the bottom with the website where you can purchase the product from). As you can see from the picture down below, they have the appearance of a pencil, and they claim to be moisturising.
I have swatched all of the colours on my hand (I have tried to order them from lightest to darkest apart from the glitter one which I have left for the end), sorry in advance for the 'not so great' camera:
What Did I think
I found all of the lip crayons to be moisturising, like a lip balm, but vibrant like a lipstick. I found that the colour lasted reasonably long before needing reapplying, and that the colour was ín your face' awesome, and true to the colour on the packaging. As I am practically ghostly white, the lighter colours seemed to have a bit of a 'washed out' appearance, but were still ok compared to other lighter lipsticks I have tried in the past. As I am currently on medication that dries my skin and lips considerably, I have found I have had to use more lip balms than lipsticks, but I missed the pop of colour so gave these a go... I was definitely not disappointed. I would definitely recommend this product as an affordable, moisturising, colour pop for your lips.

Let me know what you think of the lip crayons if you have them, or any other recommendations you may have of similar items, or just items you love in general.

I hope you enjoyed this review. Please leave a comment down below with suggestions of future reviews, or just to say hi.

Love Mis(sy)Understood. x

http://www.chichicosmetics.com/lip-crayon-kit

1 comment:

  1. I will have to check them out! Sounds like a great product!

    ReplyDelete